Gym Lab is setting the benchmark for the fitness industry hygiene standards.
Created by Scott Finney out of a passion for developing more sustainable and environmentally friendly products, Gym Lab provides a solution to gyms, fitness studios, boot camps, yoga studios and for anyone that trains and practises at home with an easy and effective disinfectant spray.
Gym equipment hygiene stats:
- Researchers have proven that equipment such as treadmills, exercise bikes and free weights have more than 1 million per square inch of bacteria alone — making it dirtier than a toilet seat.
- A typical treadmill has 74 times more bacteria than a public bathroom faucet.
- The typical set of free weights average 362 times more germs than a toilet seat.
- The unfortunate truth is that the simple sharing of yoga mats, exercise mats, cardiovascular machines and weight training equipment provides germs the opportunity to travel from person to person.
- Anytime there are lots of people sweating on gym equipment it creates an environment which is a playground for germs and bacteria, putting your health and immune system at risk.
How Gym Lab came to the forefront of the fitness industry when CoVid-19 hit:
- As restrictions started to come in around gyms and fitness studios, gym owners realised that they needed to up their hygiene and it was at this time that Gym Lab became available to the market.
- The use of disinfectant sprays on the market were not completely effective, they also used a lot of paper towel or wipes which would ultimately land up in the landfill and be harmful to the environment.
- Gym Lab offered gym owners, personal trainers and anyone doing fitness an environmentally friendly and 99% proven effective disinfectant spray to rid germs on gym equipment, shoes, yoga mats and gym bags with a spray that completes dissipates and doesn’t leave any smell or residue.
Anytime Fitness, 12 Round Gyms and F45 facilities across Australia, to name a few, have all contributed to the success of the Gym Lab disinfectant spray, forcing the company to produce an additional 40,000 cans to meet local and now international demand.
The Gym Lab gym disinfectant is a multi-purpose, eucalyptus based formula that has been significantly proved to kill 99.9% of germs, while eliminating unpleasant odours, deodorising and disinfecting.
It has been designed for use on all gym equipment, non-washable gear, and perfect for hard to reach places.
Gym Lab’s origins come from a concern for the environment and the endless amount of wipes and paper towels being used to disinfect gyms, clogging up drainage systems and harming the environment – with a simpler and more efficient approach.
Proper gym etiquette has always been to wipe down your equipment after use, however this is often not followed. In light of COVID-19 and the higher standards of hygiene expected by exercisers, facility owners have adopted new measures for a safer work out environment, increasing the need for cleaning and disinfectant solutions around their premises.
Gym Lab have developed a multipurpose gym disinfectant derived from eucalyptus for its natural anti-bacterial properties, as a convenient, efficient and environmentally friendly alternative to paper towels and harmful wipes.
More information about the Gym Lab ultimate gym disinfectant and how to order can be found at gymlab.net.au or by calling 02 9673 4488.