Rosemary and Garlic Lamb blackstrap and Beetroot and Fetta Salad with Farro
This recipe makes for a great source of iron – ideal for athletes, especially females.
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes (not including cooking time for farro).
Servings per recipe: 1
- Lamb backstrap, or lamb sirloin, lean, 150g
- Farro, ½ cup cooked
- Olive oil, 1 tsp.
- Gourmet gardens garlic paste, 1 tsp.
- Fresh rosemary (or use dried or paste), 2 tsp.
- ¼ cup baby beets, canned (or bought fresh and steamed), cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon or ½ rasher (rindless) bacon, diced
- 3-4 largeAsparagus, cut into thirds,
- Spring onion, chopped, 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Red chilli (optional), 1 cut finely
- Rocket (washed), 1 cup
- Fetta cheese, Reduced fat ,1 tbs.
- Cook farro as per instructions.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- In a small bowl or cup combine marinate ingredients and cover the lamb.
- Seal lamb on fry pan for 1 to 2 minutes and put in oven for 8 to 10 minutes OR just put straight on to baking tray lined with foil and bake for 8-10 depending on how well you like it cooked. NOTE: if you buy a large piece (e.g. 300g) cooking time will be longer and you can make for two serves).
- On a fry pan with medium heat brown bacon, garlic and asparagus until cooked. Add red chilli (optional).
- Transfer into a bowl with rocket, beetroot and fetta cheese and gently toss.
- Take lamb out of oven and let rest for a few minutes before slicing it across the grain to serve with the salad and farro.
Recipe provided by Amy Gianotti, personal trainer and accredited practising dietitian. You can learn more about Amy at the Australian Triathlon Endurance and Cycling Expo (ATEC), which is taking place on 4th and 5th July 2015.