In Melbourne for the third time in its 22-year history, the Fitness & Health Expo proved yet again why it’s the industry’s number one event, attracting a healthy 6% increase in overall visitor numbers.
Launching on Friday April 29 with Australia’s first floating yoga class down the Yarra River, led by Amanda Bisk, the Expo was off to an exciting start that continued across three days of product launches, live competitions and free workouts and presentations from athletes and experts.
In addition to an increase in visitor numbers, the Expo can also report:
- A 25% increase in key industry decision makers visiting the Expo
- A 61% increase in industry visitors from independent gyms
- 20% increase in industry visitors from vertical markets (including corporate fitness facilities, council leisure facilities, residential, sports clubs and educational facilities)
Fitness & Health Expo Director Shaun Krenz said feedback on Melbourne was showing that, for many exhibitors, it was one of the best Expos yet, which only added to the excitement of the coming line up of events.
“Keeping up with this fast-paced industry, we have already turned our attention to future events, with Perth and Brisbane only just around the corner,” said Shaun. “Also, 2017 is set to be a huge year for the Fitness & Health Expo. Together with our co-locating partners FILEX and Les Mills, we are returning to Darling Harbour and specifically the brand new Sydney International Convention Centre. We will be delivering the largest and most exciting live fitness exhibition and convention ever staged in this country. We are experiencing unprecedented interest for the Sydney 2017 Expo, which is already 70% sold.”
Key upcoming dates are:
- 2016 Perth Fitness & Health Expo, Perth Convention & Exhibition Centre, 20-21 August 2016.
- 2016 Brisbane Fitness & Health Expo, Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, 22-23 October 2016.
- 2017 Sydney Fitness & Health Expo, Sydney International Convention Centre, 28-30 April 2017.
- 2017 Melbourne Fitness & Health Expo, Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, 13-15 October 2017.