Knowledge is power in the business of fitness: Fitness & Health Expo, Melbourne: April 29-May 1 2016
Building a healthy business in the industry of fitness is easy when you have the knowledge, options and a competitive edge and that’s what this year’s Fitness & Health Expo – Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, 29 April to 1 May – is all about.
The largest fitness & health event of its kind in the southern hemisphere brings together the latest new gym equipment, exercises classes and training accessories along with plenty of positive fitsporation and networking opportunities for those who live, breathe and work in fitness.
There’s no such thing as watching from the sidelines at the Fitness & Health Expo – you can try out gym equipment, touch and test products, trial different classes, chat to the designers behind some of the best brands in fitness plus meet fitness idols and listen to the latest industry developments from respected experts. Here are some of features of the Fitness & Health Expo:
- Business Advice Centre powered by Fitness Australia – offering free business advice to industry professionals looking to grow a business.
- Celebrity & Expert Training Arena – featuring group training sessions, open workouts and Q&As with some of the biggest names in fitness and sport today.
- Healthy Living Stage – watch healthy cooking demos and gain free nutritional tips and advice from leading experts.
- Les Mills Stage – the opportunity for visitors to get involved and trial the latest Les Mills Group Fitness Classes.
- CrossFit competitions – featuring the top CrossFit athletes who will test their physical strength and mental tenacity through a range of cross functional training challenges.
- Spartan Race Challenge – visitors will have the opportunity to get involved and challenge themselves through a range of obstacles, competing for the fastest time.
- Natural Bodybuilding/Sports Modelling competitions – run by the International Natural Bodybuilding Association (INBA), including the largest natural bodybuilding event in Australia where INBA members can earn their Pro Status and compete for a chance to receive return flights and accommodation to the US for the INBA/PNBA Natural Olympia.
- Powerlifting Championships and the Pacific Invitational – featuring the strongest men and women in the world who will be attempting to tackle all-time records.
- Strongman competition – featuring some of Australia’s strongest athletes who will go head-to-head with a range of strongman challenges
The Expo is also co-located with FILEX, the fitness industry convention offering over 250 sessions delivered by the industry’s thought leaders and renowned educators.
The Fitness & Health Expo will be held April 29-May 1 at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre. It’s open from 10am to 7pm on Friday and 10am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday. For more information visit www.fitnessexpo.com.au. If you work in the industry, entry is free if you pre-register online and provide the appropriate identification. General visitors can pre-book tickets online and save up to 30% – early bird tickets available until February 25 for $21 for a one-day adult ticket.