Fitness Australia, the national peak industry body, today reveals the finalists in the 2020 Australian Fitness Awards.
The awards recognise and celebrate individuals, businesses and community groups dedicated to improving the health and well-being of all Australian communities.
Fitness Australia CEO, Barrie Elvish, said the outstanding work of the 2020 Australian Fitness Awards finalists offers a glimpse into the professionalism and innovation of the nation’s fitness industry.
“Every finalist has shown incredible commitment to supporting those in their communities to live an active lifestyle whether it is through professional development to ensure they are providing clients with safe and quality services, or creating community programs which break down barriers to participation and encourage involvement across a diverse range of different groups,” said Elvish.
With a record 2,000 nominations across nine categories, the Australian Fitness Awards national winners will be announced at a Gala Dinner in Sydney, where Awards of Honour recipients will be joined by the 2020 Quality Accredited Fitness Business of the Year.
New Awards in the 2020 program recognise club managers, fitness educators, community activation initiatives and community exercise programs.
“With our focus on community engagement, we look forward to sharing more about the individuals, businesses and community groups that have demonstrated innovative ways in engaging with their communities to get them moving more,” adds Elvish.
The 2020 Australian Fitness Awards finalists are:
PERSONAL TRAINER OF THE YEAR (Sponsored by Lorna Jane)
- Daniel Munro
- David Hoffman
- Halina Williams
GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR OF THE YEAR (Sponsored by Les Mills)
- James Clarke
- Jill Healy-Quintard
- Samantha Williams
COMMUNITY ACTIVATION AWARD (Sponsored by GuildSuper)
- Get Moving, Older Fitter Better
- Time Our Tai Chi
- Walk to School
COMMUNITY EXERCISE PROGRAM AWARD (Sponsored by OneMusic)
- Love to Live program
- Men’s Shed Fitness & Flexibility program Akoonah Park
- YMCA Uplift program, YMCA NSW
FITNESS BUSINESS OF THE YEAR (Sponsored by Guild Insurance)
- Anytime Fitness Grafton
- Body Fit Training Kent Town
- Health Mates Fitness Centre
BOUTIQUE FITNESS BUSINESS OF THE YEAR (Sponsored by NPE)
- HIIT Factory Bairnsdale
- Strong Healthy Women
CLUB MANAGER OF THE YEAR
- Amber Latta, Anytime Fitness Belrose
- Katrina Broady, Snap Fitness Waverley Gardens
- Kristen Green, Aquafit
NOT FOR PROFIT FITNESS BUSINESS OF THE YEAR
- Brunswick Baths
- Cockburn Aquatic and Recreation Centre
FITNESS EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR
- Gavin Aquilina
- Jono Petrohilos
- Rob Burr
QUALITY ACCREDITED FITNESS BUSINESS OF THE YEAR
- Ashburton Pool and Recreation Centre
- Boroondara Sports Complex
- Casey Aquatic & Recreation Centre
- Collingwood Leisure Centre
- Endeavour Hills Leisure Centre
- Fitzroy Swimming Pool
- Fleurieu Aquatic Centre
- Hawthorn Aquatic & Leisure Centre
- John McVeity Centre
- Kew Recreation Centre
- Maribyrnong Aquatic Centre
- Marion Leisure and Fitness Centre
- Monash Sport Fitness Centre Caulfield
- Monash Sport Fitness Centre Peninsula
- Port Lincoln Leisure Centre
- Richmond Recreation Centre
- Somerset Health and Fitness
- St Clair Recreation Centre
- The Parks Recreation and Sports Centre
- The Valleys Lifestyle Centre
- Whyalla Health & Leisure Centre
- YMCA Casey Race
2020 Australian Fitness Awards partners who are strong industry advocates include Lorna Jane, Guild Insurance, Les Mills Asia Pacific, Guild Super, OneMusic, NPE and Fitness Show B2B.
All of the national award winners, Chairperson’s Award recipient and Roll of Honour inductees will be announced at an event in Sydney on Friday 1st May 2020.