The 2020 Australian Fitness Awards powered by Fitness Australia are open for nominations for just 10 more days, closing Sunday 3rd November 2019 at midnight.
CEO of peak industry body Fitness Australia, Barrie Elvish says “We know it can take a lot of work to make positive changes to people’s lives, and there are plenty of inspirational stories to be shared. We don’t want you to miss out on the recognition you deserve, so get your clients and members to nominate you for the 2020 Australian Fitness Awards program today.”
New Awards will recognise club managers, fitness educators, community activation initiatives, and community volunteers.
David McKechnie, client of Angela Saville 2019 Group Exercise Instructor of the Year shares his experience; “Angela is an inspirational role model, she’s always so supportive, consistent and sets a clear standard for her staff. She’s fantastic at making people feel part of something special.”
The 2020 Australian Fitness Awards program aims to recognise and celebrate the life changing work of having more people, more active, more often and provides the opportunity to gain national recognition.
Tahlia Pretty reflects on her 2015 South Australian Personal Trainer of the Year Award emotionally, “It makes me almost want to cry, because I know how much that one award transformed my life. Straight after winning, I got back home and had all these emails from the media, wanting to interview me.”
Fitness Australia encourages you to find the Award category that demonstrates your outstanding work.
Individual Awards include:
- Group Exercise Instructor of the Year, powered by Les Mills Asia
- Pacific Personal Trainer of the Year, powered by Lorna Jane Fitness
- Student of the Year, powered by Guild Super
- Fitness Educator of the Year
Business Awards include:
- Boutique Fitness Business of the Year, powered by NPE
- Not-for-Profit Fitness Business of the Year
- Fitness Business of the Year, powered by Guild Insurance
- Quality Accredited Fitness Business of the Year (no nominations accepted) Club Manager of the Year
Community Awards include:
- Community Exercise Program or Event Award
- Community Activation Award
- Community Volunteer Award
Awards of Honour:
- Fitness Industry Roll of Honour (no nominations accepted)
- Chairperson’s Award (no nominations accepted)
Every nominator has a chance to win 1 of 5 Fitbits, just for nominating a fitness provider, educator, program, event or volunteer. To nominate or to find out more visit awards.fitness.org.au
National winners will be announced at the 2020 Australian Fitness Awards Gala Dinner in Sydney on Friday 1st May 2020.
2020 Australian Fitness Awards partners who are strong industry advocates include Lorna Jane, Guild Insurance, Les Mills Asia Pacific, NPE and Guild Super.