FITNESS + WELLNESS AUSTRALIA – the industry’s new independent trade show and conference.
15th October 2020
National Media today announced FITNESS + WELLNESS AUSTRALIA – the regions new, independent trade show and conference for the fitness, health and wellness industry – will run from 11-13 November 2021 at the ICC Sydney Exhibition Centre.
Co-located with the Business of Fitness Conference, the events bring together thousands of buyers and decision-makers from every type of facility to find, compare and purchase the latest fitness equipment, technology, products and services from the industry’s top suppliers.
Event Director, Shaun Krenz, said: “Following several months of industry consultation involving hundreds of key stakeholders, I am super excited to announce FITNESS + WELLNESS AUSTRALIA, and that we have been able to secure dates at the ICC Sydney Exhibition Centre. We stand by the promise to bring an entirely new standard of B2B event to the commercial side of the fitness, health and wellness industry”.
Industry consultation and development of the event has been backed by some of the most respected and innovative players in the sector, with Krenz adding “The positive response, willingness to support, and desire for this initiative has blown me away, and the level of insight shared thus far invaluable to shaping something truly powerful for the industry”.
Members of the Industry Advisory Board include:
- Nick Cox, CEO, Belgravia Leisure
- Ian Jensen-Muir, CEO, Genesis Health + Fitness
- Carolyn Morris, CEO, YMCA VIC
- Sean Hodges, COO, Viva Leisure
- Ed Smith, CEO, Sydney University Sport & Fitness
- Cameron Falloon, Founder / Joint CEO, Body Fit Training
- Maz Hagemrad, CEO, UFC Gym
- Mike Nysten, Director, World Gym Australia
- Michael Jordan, CEO, 12RND Fitness
- Ross Thursby, General Manager, City Venue Management
- Justin Ashley, Founder / CEO, Fitness Playground
- Tanner Halton, CEO, Planet Fitness
- Richard Price, CEO, Sydney Sports Management Group
- Fiona Preston, Executive General Manager, YMCA VIC
- Philip Lynem, Club General Manager, YMCA Brisbane
- Phill Forostenko, Principal, Queen St Physiotherapy
- David Dobbie, Business Manager, Coomera Anglican College
- Ashley Owen, General Manager, Derrimut 24:7 Gym
- Simon Bryson, Leisure Manager, Aligned Leisure
- Fred Liberatore, Studio Owner, Real Fit Personal Training
- Emma Masters, Co-Founder, Experience Age Consultancy
- Mel Tempest, CEO / Founder, Fitness Business Advisory
- Alisha Smith, Director / Co-Founder, Fuel Women’s Fitness Summit
- Adala Bolto, Founder, Zadi Training
- Mark Garrahy, Founder, Highlow Fitness
Founder and joint CEO of Body Fit Training, Cameron Falloon said: “I’m excited to be part of what I feel will be the event of the year for the fitness industry in Australia. I’m sure the offering will be diverse and that it will cover a lot of great topics including the big question of how you can future proof your fitness business, and it’s not just all about technology, there needs to be a real focus on people skills, continued education, professional development and building a great team, which is a huge passion of mine.”
Sean Hodges, COO at Viva Leisure considers FITNESS + WELLNESS AUSTRALIA an unprecedented opportunity for the industry. “An event for operators with the opportunity for operators to curate the content is exciting. This is just what the Australian fitness industry needs to keep pushing forward.”
Ed Smith, CEO at Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness said: “I see the event helping to cut through the spin on a major scale, offering people the opportunity to discover in one, independent event, the present and future of their organisation or profession.”
“We are off to a great start with many of the major suppliers already committing to the show”, said Krenz. The exhibition floor plan is now live and with the interest we’ve had to date, we are confident the inaugural event will sell out quickly.”
For more information contact: Shaun Krenz, Event Director 0401 310 200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org