Three days of conference sessions, four keynotes, two days of trade exhibit hall time and multiple networking events – that was IHRSA 2019.
Held at the San Diego Convention Centre in Southern California, everything about IHRSA 2019 was designed to entice, inform, inspire and improve the world’s clubs and the people responsible for them.
The event featured four keynotes:-
- March 13 – Digital technology expert and futuristic, Chris Riddell spoke about “Future Customer 2020.”
- March 14 – Mel Robbins, author and entrepreneur, spoke on “The 5 Second Rule: Achieve Breakthrough Performance in Your Career and Life.“
- March 15 – Author, innovator and marketing expert, Rohit Bhargava, spoke about “Be More Trusted in a Skeptical World.”
- March 16 – Denise Lee Yohn, author and brand expert, spoke about “The Fusion Formula Brand + Culture = Results.“
There were several awards handed out throughout the week at IHRSA 2019, including:
- Associate Member of the Year: MINDBODY
- Woman Leader Award in Honor of Julie Main: Francesca Schuler, CEO, In-Shape Health Clubs
- Outstanding Community Service Award: Midtown Sanctuaire
There were also special release highlights from suppliers on the main trade show floor, including:-
Aktiv Solutions debuted Aktiv TV, the first open-platform of its kind. The platform delivers sequenced instructional content from yoga to boxing to HIIT workouts with ease of creation and scheduling.
Life Fitness debuted new small group training modules, including the SYNRGY180, a space-saving “wall” system for functional training.
Octane Fitness (distributed in Australia by NovoFit) debuted two new xRide recumbent elliptical machines and the MT8000, an addition to its Max Trainer category.
Technogym released new training experiences and products, including its CLUB 4.0 concept that offers different experiences to different people based on their personal goals and passion within the one location.
Shapewatch debuted its newly enhanced customisable avatar.
JumpSport Fitness showcased new programming and products for fitness trampolines.
Myzone shared details about its MZ-Motion feature, which debuted in February. MZ-Motion uses a phone’s accelerometer, which detects movement, to record incidental activity when the phone is in motion. For every minute that is monitored while moving, the smartphone app will record one MZ-Motion, enabling the Myzone platform to now recognises non-exercise activity time.
Check out our huge WNiF image gallery of what’s hot at this years IHRSA Conference and Trade Show.
Founded in 1981, IHRSA – International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association – is the industry’s global trade association, representing more than 10,000 health and fitness facilities and suppliers worldwide. Locate an IHRSA club at www.healthclubs.com. To learn how IHRSA can help your business thrive, visit www.ihrsa.org. John Holsinger, IHRSA’s Director, Asia Pacific, can be contacted at email@example.com or on mobile 0437 393 369.