By Nat Kringoudis, Natural Fertility Specialist
Prepping your body for fertility and conception can be as simple as starting with what you do day-to-day. In fact, laying a solid foundation for me as a natural fertility expert, is a must. Here are my top five natural ways to boost your chances of getting pregnant.
1. Nutrition. It goes without saying, but we often let this slip by the way side. Include quality fats and protein at every meal since these provide the building blocks for your body to make hormones – think eggs, nuts, seeds, avocados, oily fish and legumes meat proteins.
2. The Stork conception aid. Around 40 per cent of conception relies on your partners sperm and his ability to preform. The Stork is a conception tool that assists the sperm to reach the egg more easily. If you’re experiencing difficulty in conception, The Stork could be an option to help bridge the gap between natural fertility and assisted conception.
3. Think pregnant. Conception can become a stressful gig – but we know by the idea of neuroplasticity, (the science of our thoughts, feelings and beliefs) that our thoughts create our reality. Focus on what we want to happen (pregnancy) to assist in increasing fertility.
4. Regular sex all month round. Many couples fall into the groove of tapering off the time spent between the sheets after ovulation. Sex post ovulation is just as important as that had for conception, it helps increase uterine blood flow and hence support implantation, nourishment of the imbedded embryo and release ‘feel good’ hormones to assist in overall wellbeing.
5. Love your liver. Your liver plays a big role in hormone detoxification and balance. Including foods like warm lemon water, bitter greens and increasing fiber to ship out excess hormones can see them find their sweet hum again.