Saturday 29th March to Wednesday 2nd April 2014
Body Positive Retreats has grown out of a tiny seed of an idea of bringing people together who want to have a lovely break in a gorgeous location, learn about or practice yoga, celebrate bodies of all shapes and sizes, meet other like-minded people and well, just have some fun! This is a wellbeing focussed retreat but by wellbeing, we mean sharing lots of laughs, doing as much as feels right to you, sleep-ins (if that’s what you need!) and eating delicious food (and we LOVE our food!) which fuels both your body AND soul. Yes, lots of yummmm….
We are not your regular yoga retreat (no 4am rises or wheat-grass fasts) We are about celebrating women of all shapes and sizes and helping you to connect with your body and connect with body acceptance along with a more balanced and calm connection with yourself and food.
This is YOUR retreat….activities are optional, sleep in’s are always OK, free time is a definite. Explore Byron Bay and enjoy the stunning resort and pool, maybe take a walk track or two but most of all have fun and relax.
Our aim is that you leave rested, restored, centred and perhaps a little wiser (and with a few lovely new friends!).
We want to explore how you are enough right now, your worth is not determined by the size of your jeans or your thigh gap. In fact you will find your yoga teacher on this retreat is not what you might expect. Sarah is a Curvy Yogi who has been on the mat for more than 15 years and her thighs? They touch for sure (all the way down baby, hehe)!
We aim to workshop improving or maintaining your relationship with your body and food. With groups on new approaches to weight like HAES (health at every size) and ideas like self compassion and guilt free chocolate (mmm….chocolate).
With that in mind our focus is on healthy, yummy, full taste menu’s with lots of options. We advocate intuitive eating from a variety of food groups and do not support weight loss dieting, rather finding the most healthy weight for your unique body.
We want to move your body how and when you are ready – its not a competition or an endurance test.
EXHALE. We want you to relax and be pampered. Prices start at $1,095.
What does the retreat include?
- Daily 90 minute body positive Hatha Yoga classes (suitable for all levels)
- Yoga classes will include meditation and breathing practice and some meditation space will be available each day
- Daily workshops to support the day’s theme (yep, each day has a different focus)
- A choice of a facial or massage in the resort
- All meals and snacks (snacks are very very important!)
- Accommodation at the resort in single or double accommodation
- Movie nights if you are keen or pop off to Byron if you fancy the nightlife!
- A pamper pack full of goodies (and some paper to write any of those Oprah ‘lightbulb’ moments down!).
- Individual dietetic consultations with Fiona (50 mins) $120 Sessions limited.
- Individual restorative yoga sessions (yoga as you have never experienced it, slow, restorative, nurturing and one of the most relaxing experiences in the world! with Sarah (1 hour) $110 Sessions limited.
Given this retreat is the first of its kind in Australia, it’s expected to sell out very quickly, so get in early!
Click here to register online or view more details.