Runners in the Blackmores Sydney Running Festival can now become Guinness World Records title holders with new partnership
Ever wanted to be a Guinness World Records title holder? Well now you’re in with a running shot. Blackmores Sydney Running Festival has partnered with Guinness World Records for the 2016 event taking place on Sunday 18 September 2016.
Following suit from Guinness World Records’ successful nine year venture with the London Marathon, the new partnership means costumed runners in the Blackmores Sydney Running Festival can be certified with a Guinness World Records title when they finish the course.
It’s the first time the global authority on record breaking has partnered with an Australian marathon and only the second time internationally after the London Marathon. The 2016 London Marathon saw 31 Guinness World Records titles broken. These include:
- Fastest marathon dressed in a full body dinosaur outfit was achieved by Ben Evans with a time of 03:08.07; and
- Fastest marathon dressed as a book character (female) run by Naomi Flanagan who finished the race in 03:08.34.
Runners wanting to take part in the marathon course of the Blackmores Sydney Running Festival and add something different to their experience or raise money for charity should take up the challenge of attempting a Guinness World Records title by following the below steps.
Once you’ve registered for the Blackmores Sydney Running Festival, please make a standard application via the GuinnessWorldRecords.com ‘Set a Record’ section and include the following:
- A record title and a full description of the Guinness World Records attempt
- Dimensions of the costume or object that is to be worn or carried (including height, width, depth and weight)
- Applicants bib number for the Blackmores Sydney Running Festival
- Projected finish time in any costume you hope to run in
- Once you have applied, the allocated record manager will request that a photograph which clearly shows the runner wearing/carrying the full costume and/or object is submitted via the online portal
- Should your application be successful, you will be required to complete a biography form
- Deadline for applications is 5 September 2016