The Australian Fitness Industry Retention Report – A deeper understanding of your members behaviour’s and retention.
In the life of a fitness business owner, manager or operator – this report could be one the most important documents you will ever read.
“This report offers operators not only key related statistics, but a benchmark to measure retention against. It will impact on the approach used to manage sales, marketing and customer service and the recruitment and training of staff”
– PAUL BEDFORD, REPORT AUTHOR.
Brought to by Life Fitness and commissioned by Fitness Australia, here is a sneak peak at a few of the facts from the Australian Fitness Industry Report,
- 52% of members retain their membership for at least 12 months
- 62% of members aged 35 or above retain their membership for at least 12 months compared to 56% of members aged between 16-34 years
- Members who buy a rolling one-month membership stay longer that those who buy a 3 or 6 month membership.
- When selling 1 month rolling memberships, take payments weekly or fortnightly to improve retention
- Attrition is not effected by payment frequency in a PT business
- Women stay members longer than men by 4 months
- Males aged 55 or older have a 39% lower cancellation rate than males aged 24 and under
Find out all you need to know to have a greater impact on marketing, sales and retention.
Get your copy of Australia’s first ever Fitness Industry Retention Report.