Pregnancy & Exercise – Contemporary Training Guidelines (4 CECs) is a fully online course that can be undertaken by anyone in Australia with a Certificate III in Fitness qualification (or equivalent).
The comprehensive online workshop covers the essentials of training pregnant clients. It includes up to date information relevant to pre and post natal clients and clarifies many of the misconceptions associated with exercise.
The information within the course is current, research based and supported by key organisations including Sports Medicine Australia and the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
Students undertaking the course will cover:
- Review of the physiology changes associated with pregnancy
- Description of healthy weight gain
- Clarification and identification of associated conditions that impact on exercise participation
- Pre and post natal exercise guidelines including a comparison of contemporary and previous recommendations
- Practical exercise and participation guidelines
This course is a must for any Trainer who has, or wants to train, pregnant clients.
The course is $140 (or $120 for AFA Alumni) and students have up to 3-months to complete it online, however putting aside a full-day to study should see students gain their certificate!
As always the Academy prides itself on the level of student support services offered and offers full student support services for all students studying full certification courses right through to short workshops. Students can call, email, Skype or drop in to chat with our Student Support Officers.
To enquire about the AFA click here.